Sunday, May 26, 2013

Chocolate Dipped Strawberries


Before we got married, my wife and I used to celebrate our dating anniversary.  We started dating in May of 1999, and this weekend marks our 14th year together.  After we got married, we stopped noticing our dating anniversary and just focused on our actual wedding anniversary.  This year, however, I am going to surprise my wife by celebrating our dating anniversary and so for my blog entry this week, I will show you how to make chocolate dipped strawberries.  This dessert is very simple, quick and easy and looks luxurious!

Chocolate dipped strawberries

Ingredients
100g white chocolate (bars, wafers or chocolate chips)

100g milk or dark chocolate (bars, wafers or chocolate chips)

1lb fresh strawberries

(I found some 2lb strawberry packs on sale, so I doubled up for the recipe)

 
Method

Wash strawberries and pat dry

Make a double boiler by filling a pot 1/3rd the way with water.  Put a smaller dry pot or metal bowl inside that pot.  Heat on med heat. *note* do NOT heat chocolate in pot directly over stove heat, it will cause the oils in the chocolate to separate unevenly and it will get gritty and difficult to work with.

Break up chocolate and place in double boiler, stir until melted

Take strawberries by the leafy stem and dip into the melted chocolate about ¾ of the way

Place dipped strawberries on wax paper to cool

When the chocolate on the strawberries are cool and hardened, serve

 


Time to pour the champagne, put on a Marvin Gaye CD and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment