- 3 lbs. chicken wings, split; tips removed
- 1 bottle Iceberg beer
- 2 tablespoons Clubhouse chipotle mango seasoning
- 1 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Iceberg beer
- 2 teaspoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- Start with a large bowl, marinate the chicken wings witht he Iceberg beer and chipotle mango seasoning. Cover with plastic wrap and lay in the fridge for at least 2 hours for flavors to infuse but overnight is best if you plan ahead of time.
- Preheat oven at 375F
- Meanwhile in a medium sauce pan or large frying pan, combine all the BBQ sauce ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Lay chicken wings out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven and place them in the BBQ sauce and make sure they are evenly coated. Then place them back on the same baking tray with a new sheet of parchment since the first sheet probably has a lot of grease and moisture left on it from cooking the wings before.
- Continue to bake the wings for another 10-15 minutes until the sauce starts to bubble and brown.
- Turn over chicken midway through the cooking process and baste with additional sauce if needed.
- Once the internal temperature of the wings reach 180F and desire brownness is achieved they are ready.
|Don't forget to pass these tasty wings around with more ice cold beer!|
Tip: Using a wire rack inside a parchment lined baking sheet makes the chicken crispier.
You could also do these wings on the BBQ and baste them when they are almost cooked through.