Do you have friends dropping by and you want to serve something tasty and different, but don’t want to spend a long time prepping or break the bank on fancy appetizers? Here is a quick and easy recipe for a baked Camembert.
Almond Raspberry Baked Camembert
1 small Camembert cheese wheel 1/2 cup Baby spinach
2-3 tbsp Raspberry jam 1 tspOlive oil
2 tbsp Lightly toasted almonds a dash of salt & pepper
various crackers or fresh sliced French baguette
1) place the cheese in an oven-safe dish
2) spoon the jam on top of the camembert
3) sprinkle the lightly toasted almonds on the jam covered cheese wheel
4) set oven to 375 F
5) put cheese in oven for 10-15 mins until the cheese is softened. You can check this with a toothpick, poke down through it if it's soft, and gooey, it is done.
6) while the camembert is baking, wilt the spinach by heating up a frying pan on med-high heat then adding 1 tsp olive oil, place spinach in the hot pan, add salt and pepper and stir. Remove from stove, continue stirring until spinach is wilted.
7) place wilted spinach on a plate and put the baked camembert on top of the spinach
8) serve with sliced baguette or crackers of your choice